Associate Business Development and Sales Manager
Reporting directly to the Founder and CEO, this position will initially be responsible for all aspects of account management/customer support and responsibilities would grow to include managing B2B revenue growth through existing accounts and executing plans for new business opportunities.
Account Management, Systems, Processes
- Manage day-to-day operational account management/sales activities in designated systems and platforms
- Adhere to established corporate standard operating procedures
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships with contacts in all key accounts
- Deliver best-in-class customer service to ensure customer’s product is delivered in full and on time, within specified cost/margin targets
Business Development and Sales
- Support creation of annual revenue forecast, budget and strategic plans/goals for territory and customers
- Meet/exceed established revenue goals
- Manage and build on established private label accounts and execute on business development plans to secure new accounts
- Manage and build on established licensing sales and execute on business development plans to secure new licensing sales
- Track and analyze sales and marketing data
- Attend industry networking events, tradeshows, customer meetings, etc.
Product, Customer, Trend and Market Knowledge
- Maintain thorough understanding of company’s products/offerings
- Educate customers on product pairings, usage, etc.
- Maintain thorough understanding of customer’s business, goals, strategies, products and market – offer solutions that align with customer’s brand, strategy, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive situations and key players in the industry
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry and trends by researching industry specific (and related) events, publications, announcements, networking events, organizations, educational opportunities, etc.
- Work collaboratively with BD/Sales team to advance global sales
- Consistently embrace and promote company mission, culture, standards and values
- Travel 25% - 50% + limited international travel
- An Undergraduate degree in Business, a similarly relevant Graduate degree is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in professional account management/sales/business development position in either a business-to-business or consumer products company
- Experience in Health and Beauty, Fashion, Luxury Goods or Accessories space preferred.
- Proven experience and demonstrated success exceeding yearly sales growth targets; ability to drive tangible new growth and business results
- Proven ability to develop successful customer acquisition strategies
- Proven experience recognizing opportunities for new product launch strategies within customer accounts and upselling to maximize client’s revenue position
- Proven experience managing account budgets and spend
- Highly effective in building and maintaining customer relationships
- Understanding of vertically integrated manufacturing and outsourcing
- Outstanding communication skills (including email, PowerPoint/presentation development, and facilitation/meeting management) with ability to communicate at all levels
- Intellectually curious
- Absolutely passionate about the beauty category
- Ability to monitor and spot key trends in the beauty industry (on an ongoing basis) and determine how to capitalize on those trends
- Ability to manage through change and work in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proactive approach
- Motivated, team player, collaborative, high energy, highly disciplined and possesses strong work ethic
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should visit company's website through "Apply" button at top of page. The Company kindly asks that you not call, email, send LinkedIn requests, etc. to any member of the staff or the CEO. We look forward to hearing from you!