Director, Finance and Accounting
The Director, Finance and Accounting is responsible for directing the company’s general accounting and finance functions, managing the company’s risk management policies, vendor/partner/customer financial and contractual oversight, and ERP maximization. Supporting the executive team with key financial information and operational analytics, this position will be a strategic partner in the growth of the company through accuracy, analysis of company performance and communication of results and helping drive a culture of accountability in managing the business.
- Responsible for all inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, balance sheet management, treasury management, budgeting and forecasting, tax and compliance.
- Lead monthly close process to issue timely (monthly, quarterly, annual) and complete financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Complete compliance reporting to banking institutions. Assist with presentations of financial reports to executive team.
- Work with stakeholders to understand reporting needs, develop financial report formats and present financial reports and analysis to various stakeholders: Founder and CEO, Executive Team, Business Development/Sales Team, etc.
- Responsible for NetSuite ERP maximization and management; monitor and assess on-going internal processes and NetSuite ERP capabilities pushing for continuous improvement, automation and streamlining accounting and finance processes
- Ensure policies, standard operating procedures and internal controls are in place to ensure company assets are protected and regulatory requirements are met; assure adherence to all policies and procedures by leading and serving as best practice champion
- Manage fiscal audits with external accounting partners and required tax filings
- Manage payroll and company’s 401k plan
- Review and manage all risk management policies and insurance policies; identifies and proposes solutions to mitigate and manage risk.
- Review, make recommendations/negotiate and provide initial approval of financial arrangements, agreements and contracts with all corporate partners/vendors/suppliers; customers (as required)
- Lead, manage and coach Accounting and Finance Department direct reports; establish training plans and goals for growth and development.
- CPA Certification is required
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance is required; MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience required
- 2+ years managing a team of direct reports; proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing teams
- Extensive ERP experience required; NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of GAAP, internal controls, operational risk assessment and financial reporting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate issues, identify and provide sound guidance for resolution
- Expert level of proficiency in Excel required
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects, allocate resources and collaborate across disciplines and locations
- Self-motivated and independent, detail oriented, strong work ethic, and high integrity and ethical standards
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their resume via company's website. The Company kindly asks that you not call, email, send LinkedIn requests, etc. to any member of the staff or the CEO. We look forward to hearing from you!