Chief Operating Officer
- The Chief Operating Officer reports to the CEO and is an integral member of the company’s Leadership team. He/she will provide overall operational vision and professional leadership to the operations organization.
- We seek a highly successful global business leader with a broad base of experience across all business disciplines, with particular depth of experience in manufacturing and supply chain, operations, and development in companies with respected consumer brands.
- Executive Leadership of Anisa International’s Operations groups/functions including Manufacturing, Supply Chain
- Develop strategic plan and annual business plans, for approval by the CEO, to support the overall vision of Anisa International
- Develop capital plans, for approval by the CEO, for investment required to support the overall growth plans of the business. Rigorously monitor capital plans to ensure performance vs planned ROI.
- Provide leadership in developing, analyzing and reporting on metrics measuring operational performance of the business
- Recruit, develop and manage operations team members
- Ongoing assessment of people, process, technology to ensure capabilities are in place to deliver on growth plans
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through rigorous monitoring of operational performance metrics and skills development
- Interested applicants should Operational Leadership: 5+ years as the COO of a high growth company with revenue of $100 million or more. Experience across all disciplines (Development, design, partnership/alliance development) with deep experience in manufacturing and supply chain in a business with highly customized products. Experience in & responsibility for Asia/China manufacturing required. P&L responsibility a significant plus.
- Performance Improvement: Record of implementing performance improvement programs with measureable outcomes in logistics, supply chain management, technology and human capital. Success building processes that enabled a business to support growth and driving process innovation in manufacturing, distribution or B2B.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Global Supply Chain background related to logistics, supplier development, planning and quality. Proven track record of implementing processes/tools to ensure optimal operation of the distribution network. Capable of handling multi-warehouse environments, high volume of drop shipments, and inventory management of a business with high SKU intensity.
- Technology Leadership: Track record of defining technology vision to achieve operational objectives. Strong background of implementing data standards/ systems (ERP, WMS, TMS, CRM, HRIS)
- Leadership & Communication: Experience building a high performing culture with a collaborative, team-oriented and hands-on style. Acts as a change agent and cultivates a culture that pays tribute to the company’s entrepreneurial roots while moving the needle to create the organizational alignment necessary to be successful in today’s environment.
- Business Acumen and Commercial Savvy: Displays a high degree of customer and market centricity. Looking from the outside in, he/she should be able to anticipate market trends and customer needs translating these insights into actionable and profitable solutions. Has the ability to identify key drivers for efficiencies and drive profitability by leveraging what is already in place.
- Technical and Operational Excellence: Brings a disciplined approach to operating a business to ensure that decisions are fact-based. Demonstrated success in driving operational effectiveness through other leadership team members and direct reports. Works towards planned targets/milestones- overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty, while using appropriate processes/approaches. Must be adept in lean manufacturing / distribution measures. Focused on getting results, and achieving sustainable performance and operational excellence. Innovative thinker who leverages technology to drive efficiency gains.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills and attention to detail; ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Must exhibit rigorous strategic thinking but with clear operational execution strength and skill
- Ability to travel 50% domestic and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
- Collaborative team player who checks his/her ego at the door
- Exhibits “big company” process discipline with “small company” energy and urgency
- Must be comfortable “jumping on a moving train”, having the wherewithal to pivot while maintaining forward momentum
- Flexible and adaptable to rapid and frequent changes inevitable in the industry and business
- “Working Leader” – naturally rolls up his/her sleeves
- Natural people leader with an agile, can-do/will-do attitude
- Can quickly establish credibility and build relationships to be recognized as a leader and a thought partner to the CEO and other Executives.
- Cultural fit globally, with understanding of Chinese and European business practices
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard, is full of energy for things seen as challenging, and seizes more opportunities than other people.
- Command Skills – Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- Continuous Learning – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Skills – Relates well to all kinds of people–up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Mandarin language skills a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their resume via company's website. The Company kindly asks that you not call, email, send LinkedIn requests, etc. to any member of the staff or the CEO. We look forward to hearing from you!